RGBDS v0.3.1 documentation (back)
|RGBDS(7)||Miscellaneous Information Manual||RGBDS(7)|
Rednex Game Boy Development System
$ rgbasm -o bar.o foo.asm $ rgblink -o baz.gb bar.o $ rgbfix -v -p 0 baz.gb
- 1997, Carsten Sørensen (AKA SurfSmurf) writes ASMotor as a general-purpose assembler/linker system for DOS/Win32.
- 1999, Justin Lloyd (AKA Otaku no Zoku) adapts ASMotor to read and produce GBZ80 assembly/machine code, and releases this version as RGBDS.
- 2009, Vegard Nossum adapts the code to be more UNIX-like and releases this version as rgbds-linux on GitHub.
- 2010, Anthony J. Bentley forks that repository. The fork becomes the reference implementation of rgbds.
- 2017, Bentley's repository is moved to a neutral name. It is now maintained by a number of contributors at https://github.com/rednex/rgbds.
- 2018, codebase relicensed under the MIT license.
- 2020, repository is moved to the gbdev organisation, at https://github.com/gbdev/rgbds. The https://rgbds.gbdev.io website serving documentation and downloads is created.
|March 7, 2018||Linux|