Intalling RGBDS on Windows
- First, pick the version you want to install. If you want to use
masterinstead of a release, go here.
- Follow the “release page” link below “GitHub links”, and grab either of the
win32(for 32-bit Windows) or
win64(for 64-bit Windows)
.zipfiles, near the bottom of the page.
- Unzip that file, you should get the
.exefiles alongside a couple of
- Put all of the files in your project’s directory
- Put all of the files in a directory already in the
- Put all of the files in a directory, then add it to the
PATH, using the
setcommand, the permanent
setxcommand, or any other method. For example:
- Profit! RGBDS can now be used from your favorite command line (
cmd.exeor PowerShell, most likely)
Follow steps 1 to 3 of the instructions above; then, copy all of the
.dll files to the
/usr/local/bin directory of Cygwin’s installation. With the default settings, that should be
C:\\cygwin64\\usr\\local\\bin. Do not put them in a subdirectory! (e.g.
C:\\cygwin64\\usr\\local\\bin\\rgbds) This would not work.
After that, you should be able to use RGBDS from within the Cygwin terminal, which you can confirm by running
For these, you have to build from source. On WSL, you should install any prereqs using
sudo apt-get install libpng-dev). On MSYS2, use
sudo pacman -S mingw-w64-libpng).