rgbds(7) — Rednex Game Boy Development System
To get a working ROM image from a single assembly source file:
$ rgbasm -o bar.o foo.asm
$ rgblink -o baz.gb bar.o
$ rgbfix -v -p 0 baz.gb
- 1997, Carsten Sørensen (AKA SurfSmurf) writes ASMotor as a general-purpose assembler/linker system for DOS/Win32.
- 1999, Justin Lloyd (AKA Otaku no Zoku) adapts ASMotor to read and produce GBZ80 assembly/machine code, and releases this version as RGBDS.
- 2009, Vegard Nossum adapts the code to be more UNIX-like and releases this version as rgbds-linux on GitHub.
- 2010, Anthony J. Bentley forks that repository. The fork becomes the reference implementation of rgbds.
- 2017, Bentley's repository is moved to a neutral name. It is now maintained by a number of contributors at https://github.com/rednex/rgbds. 2018, codebase relicensed under the MIT license.